Stafford is an inner northern suburb of Brisbane, Queensland and lies to the west of Lutwyche Road, along the banks of Kedron Brook. It is predominantly residential, including some original Queenslander style homes as well as a significant number of post-war Queensland Housing Commission homes on quarter acre blocks.
On of the original large employers of local workers, Gibson’s Tannery (also known as Scotia Works) closed in 1982 to make way for the Stafford City shopping centre. Previously, the Stafford Road shopping strip at the tram terminus was the local centre.
Between 1940 and 1968 the suburb was served by electric trams operated by the Brisbane City Council. This was the last completely new tram line (as distinct from tram line extension) built in Brisbane.