Leasingham is the name of a hamlet on the southern edge of the Clare Valley, in the Mid North of South Australia. It is approximately 105 kilometres from the state’s capital, Adelaide and 29 kilometres south of the town of Clare. The town is based on a cross section of Main North Road and the connecting roads to Mintaro (to the East) Hoyleton (to the West). Leasingham is disected by the Eyre Creek as it makes its way to the Wakefield River and the Riesling Trail is on the western fringe of the township, following the former railway route between Auburn and Clare.
The town was named after a village in Lincolnshire, England and the site was once owned by E. Campbell, who held approximately 120 hectares (60 acres) of freehold land, which he sold in 1853. Leasingham was a larger town in previous generations with ribbon development occurring at the Main North Road crossroad.
It now currently has a restaurant, bed and breakfast accommodation and a number of tasting/cellar door sales operations of local wineries.
Leasingham is in the District Council of Clare and Gilbert Valleys, the state electoral district of Wakefield, and the Australian House of Representatives Division of Grey.