Port Vincent is a small town on the east coast of Yorke Peninsula in South Australia, 194 km from Adelaide by road.
The Narangga Aborigines inhabited the area prior to white settlement. The town was laid out by Adelaide solicitor L.M. Cullen in 1877, originally known as Surveyor’s Point, and today has a population of around 500.
In its early days it was a port exporting wheat and wool. A seaside holiday destination for many years, recently it has been the site of a marina development.