Balnarring Beach is a town in Victoria, Australia, 2 km south of Balnarring. Its Local Government Area is the Shire of Mornington Peninsula and in 2006 it was rated by the Keep Australia Beautiful Council as ‘Australia’s Cleanest Beach’, out of 317 beaches in five states.
The township was first gazetted in 1886, in a street configuration quite different to what exists today.
The beach first began to attract holidaymakers in the 1910s, and beach stores and kiosks commenced operations, serving both day-trippers and campers. The Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Club set up base here after their formation in 1924. During World War II, businesses were sustained by servicemen training at Somers.
In 1944, a mobile library operated from a private home for the Flinders Shire by Wally Turner. Between 1947 and 1978, a post office operated in the town, and in 1960, the yacht club were given permission to erect a winch and slipway, and build a clubhouse.
Balnarring Beach today consists primarily of holiday homes and camping grounds, and contains a general store, picnic facilities and several caravan parks. Most other services are provided by nearby Balnarring township.