The Moorooduc Highway runs through the locality, being the main route between Melbourne and the Peninsula.
Moorooduc Post Office opened on 27 August 1890 and closed in 1980.
A study is currently being undertaken for a bypass to be constructed between Eastlink at Seaford linking the Mornington Peninsula Freeway south of Moorooduc.
The Mornington Railway Preservation Society operates steam and diesel train services from Moorooduc Railway Station on weekends and public holidays.
A short walk from Moorooduc railway station is the Moorooduc Quarry Flora and Fauna Reserve.
Moorooduc Primary School (No. 2327) opened on 1st November 1880, on the current site located on Mornington-Tyabb Road. In 2006, the school celebrated 125 years.