Dwarda is a small town located in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, 11 kilometres (7 mi) south of the town of Wandering on the Hotham River.
The name is a contraction of nearby Dwardadine Creek, with “dwarda” being an Noongar Aboriginal name for the dingo. The townsite was first requested by the Wandering Road Board in 1912, with the hope it could become a future terminus for the Hotham Valley Railway, and the townsite, initially called “Dampier”, was gazetted in 1914. The town however did not attract settlement. In 1940-41 a timber mill was built here by JC “Charlie” Tucak which operated for some years.
The townsite is presently abandoned although a number of farms and a small mill operate in the region.
Dwarda is a settlement situated in Western Australia, Australia. Dwarda is 2986 km from the Australian capital Canberra. Nearby places include Crossman, Mooterdine, Ranford, Wandering. Nearby landmarks include Mount Saddleback, Mount Wells.