Cape Jervis is a town at the southwestern tip of Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia, approximately 108 km south of Adelaide. The population is approximately 800 people. Cape Jervis falls under the local governance of the District Council of Yankalilla.
Matthew Flinders named Cape Jervis after John Jervis, the British First Lord of the Admiralty in 1802.
Vehicle ferries use Cape Jervis as the mainland port for the crossing of Backstairs Passage to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
Cape Jervis is the beginning of the Heysen Trail walking track to the Flinders Ranges, close to Deep Creek Conservation Park.
Cape Jervis looks out on Backstairs Passage. The first European to site the passage and Kangaroo Island was Matthew Flinders who, during his circumnavigation of Australia in the Investigator in 1802, explored, charted and named the island.
Today the town is really little more than a fishing destination and a place where people gather to catch the ferry across to Kangaroo Island although it is true that there are a number of interesting and attractive parks in the area.